Saturday, July 28, 2012

We moved to Hawai'i

Aloha friends & family. Sorry it took so long to update, but we just got our cable/internet hooked up a few days ago! So here is an update, it will probably be unorganized and confusing FYI.

We've been here for 2 weeks now (we moved on July 14th). And...we absolutely love it. Surpised? Haha We literally fit our entire lives into 7 suitcases and moved to an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Wow...

We were really anxious to see the condo once we arrived. (BTW - the flight was fine). We'd seen pictures of the condo and skype'd with our landlord but still you never really know until you see it in person. We love the place. It is already starting to feel like "home." I don't think i'll ever get used to the beautiful Diamond Head views I get to see every single day. Each morning I wake up, make some coffee and sit in the living area gazing at Diamond Head. It's gorgeous and I still can't believe we live here. The other day after drinking my coffee I decided I was going to go on a run to the water. I made it (taking a roundabout way) in about 2 miles. I took off my shoes & socks, jumped in the water, sat down on the beach while drying off, then I ran home. What's not to love about a life like that? Well...we've been doing a lot more than just that, but we are enjoying the downtime and relaxation for now before I start graduate school/get a job and we welcome our baby boy.

I've had a lot of interviews so far (I think 6). They have all gone well and just waiting for positions to open but networking it going well. I'm not worried at all and know the right job will come along and I am doing everything I can. I actually am really enjoying time with Heather - adventuring around O'ahu. I worked fulltime throughout college and this is the first time I haven't been employed since I was 16. I have another interview on Monday.

We've had a successful OBGYN appointment and another coming up on Monday. We love the doctor and really thanksful for that. We also starting taking baby birthing classes at Kapiolani Medical Center. We don't really like it haha. I guess its educational, but we've both done a lot of reading and research on our own and we feel its a lot of overlap. They're teaching us birthing positions and breathing but it probably won't be necessary since Heather is pretty set on an epidural ASAP. We'll see though.

CODY & MONE are coming to visit us in August!!!!!!!! It's actually only a couple weeks away and we're so excited!!!!!!!!!! They're the first visitors in Hotel Reyes. We actually have a lot of visitors planning on coming this year and really excited to see everyone. We're basically all booked up through the rest of the year so Hotel Reyes may open back up in January...haha

So, sorry for the randomness...the next posts will have some structure I promise. We also finished the nursery so pics will be coming soon. Heather & I are doing well and really enjoying the Aloha life.

No comments:

Post a Comment