Sunday, August 5, 2012

Picture Update!

Aloha! I thought i'd update you all with some pictures. However, if you follow me (@areyes06) or Heather (@heathg1018) on Instagram then maybe you've seen these before.

Hotel Reyes
So any guests that will be staying with us will be sleeping on this futon with that view. How lucky are you???? This is also in Ashton's room, so any guest that is staying with us post-baby - you will be waking up every 1-3 hours to feed him, change diapers while we sleep. That is your payment to us, thank you and you're welcome.

Ashton's Collage
We decided to make a collage of pictures/drawings in Ashton's room so we can show him pictures everyday of all of our closest friends and family. So, feel free to send us pictures to put up! In the center is a drawing from my Aunt Dianne. She drew me a picture entitled "The Lost World" for me when I was in 6th grade. It's a great picture of dinosaurs and I'm excited we could showcase it in his room. 

Collage close-up

Maternity Pic
This is probably my favorite maternity picture of Heather. Aren't I great photographer? Even though I like taking a lot of pictures of Heather & our baby, I also like to be behind the camera too. So I was feeling a little jealous...thus...the picture below.

Don't be confused, I am not carrying the baby despite my classic "holding-the-belly" pose.

     So, we got rid of our iPhone's to try and save a little money. It's been really nice actually. I'm learning not to be so dependent on my phone and it's kind of liberating. Because I'm not carrying my iPhone around anymore I'm missing some good photo opportunities, but oh well. 
     We've adventured the island and already starting to develop our favorite spots! We live about 5 minutes from Waikiki (which is the South/East side of O'ahu). The windward side is the farthest east as you can get and from its name, it's windy. We really like Waimanalo Beach Park because the color of the water is the best of any part of the island. The North Shore is also a great place. There is a small surfer beach town called Haleiwa that we really like. They have 2 famous snocone places called Marimoto's or Aoki's. We've gone to Aoki's twice and its aweome. I recommend vanilla ice cream at the bottom. The Waianae/Leeward side of the island we've driven once but actually didnt like it very much. It's pretty dry and not much going on over there. Don't worry, if you come visit we'll be able to give some great recommendations on places to go depending on your interests. 
    Besides the beach, baby classes have been keeping us pretty busy. We just finished a 3-part series called Prepared Childbirth at Kapi'olani Medical Center (where we plan to deliver). It was informational, but probably not very necessary. Yesterday we toured the birthing center and it's really nice. We like it and its really close to our condo. Today, we started a 3-part series called Infant Childcare. Today, we talked all about breast feeding. I was joking with Heather during class that I was just too immature for that class. Haha seriously. Nipples everywhere. We watched lots of videos about proper "latching" and manually milking yourself. TMI. Haha It was at least informational, since Heather does plan to breastfeed. The next class is all about how to handle your baby like holding, burping positions, changing diapers, giving a bath, etc. We even have fake babies to practice with. The last class is on CPR and safety. The last class is at the end of August, and Heather will be 38 weeks, so who knows if we'll even make it! 

Well, that is all for now. Hopefully Heather will write a post sometime! Haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment